Conference and Community responsibility
UPDATE: 9 March - ElixirConf EU is still going ahead in Warsaw, between 29-30 April, with training on 28 April.
ElixirConf EU is actively monitoring the status of the Coronavirus outbreak.
If it becomes necessary to cancel ElixirConf EU, we will issue a full refund to everyone attending. We will not be able to refund any travel or accommodation costs, so we advise everyone to book flights and accommodation that can be rebooked. Contact us if you have any further concerns.
There are a series of steps and procedures we are putting in place to ensure the safety and peace of mind of all attendees at ElixirConf EU, in accordance with recommendations from the WHO and the CDC.
- If you are not feeling well, specifically if you are having flu-like symptoms (including fever, cough, general malaise or shortness of breath) we ask you NOT to attend (a full refund will be given.)
- If you have traveled after 7 April, from any area where the government health authorities have banned large assemblies of people, we ask you NOT to attend (a full refund will be given.)
- If you think you have been exposed to Coronavirus under any circumstances, we ask you NOT to attend (a full refund will be given.)
The safety of our community is paramount.
Before the conference
We will post weekly updates at the top of this page, keeping our community informed about the current situation.
Email communications will be sent to registered attendees, with relevant updates in the lead-up to the conference.
At the conference
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizers and tissues will be provided.
- Information graphics will promote the practice of Respiratory Hygiene to maintain a sensible level of social distance (1 metre) and to adopt a no-handshake policy.
- We will regularly sanitise all surfaces through the event space and request the venues to do the same.
- We will sanitize speaker microphones between each speaker’s use.
From Hilton: Given the evolving nature of the coronavirus, Hilton has implemented specific Coronavirus Awareness Training for all managed hotels globally. If enhanced facilities cleaning or other operational actions are required, we put those into action as per protocol (e.g., hand sanitizer stations in public areas, enhanced cleaning of all frequently touched areas in the hotel)
- Wash hands frequently
- Cough or sneeze into elbows only
- Avoid touching your hands, nose, and mouth
- Adopt a no-handshake policy at the event
- Discard a used tissue immediately into a closed bin
- Wash your hands frequently with an alcohol-based sanitizer and/or soap and water.
- Do not attend if you are feeling ill or experiencing any cold/flu-like symptoms
- Seek medical care right away and alert our staff at registration should you begin to experience cold or flu-like symptoms